Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Year of the Rat

I was born in the year of the rat, and it’s now the year of the rat as I approach a milestone birthday. As it turns out, Starbucks has cups and mugs for the year of the rat, at least in Asia.

I was at a client site Wednesday and we stopped at Starbucks for coffee and I saw one of the mugs. I thought about getting it, said no, but kept thinking about it as we were in line. I realized that if I didn’t get it, I would always be a little sad that I didn’t. So I bought it.



Then yesterday at work, one of our vendor partners showed me other year of the rat cups from Starbucks. In Singapore, they have two mugs: the one I got and a smaller one. Good thing I’m not there or I’d be trying to pack two breakable mugs into my suitcase.



Then I looked at the Starbucks website here in the Philippines and I think I might just ditch the Block cup I brought and get one of the tall rat water bottles ones instead. The one on the far right in this photo is actually called a zodiac CNY coin bank.



2 comments:

Magpie said...

the mug is cute!

also, the USPS did a really great Year Of The Rat postage stamp.

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

I would totally have bought that mug! So cute! I have a bit of a coffee mug obsession. It drives my husband nuts.