Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A quick post

I'm in Manila for work; I got here Monday evening and leave January 23. What's weird and different is that the vendors I'm here to see work US CST hours so I work at night and sleep during the day. You'd think that would eliminate jet lag but ah you would be wrong.

I'm staying in Taguig, which is very upscale. My hotel, the Shangri-la at the Fort, takes hotel service to a completely different level. Case in point, I get a daily laundry allowance and so sent out some things on Tuesday. When they came back, in addition to the hanging clothes being essentially perfect, my socks and undies were wrapped up and tied with a bow and a tiny subtle sachet.



I've shared the rest of these on Facebook but wanted to put them here too. If you click one of the photos, you should be able to see a larger version and then click through them.

This one is a panoramic day shot I took on Tuesday.



Here's a night panoramic photo. It's a little blurry, sorry.



Here's another night photo. I used the night setting on my Pixel 3XL.



This is looking out the window from the restaurant this morning (my breakfast/dinner).



And this is another panoramic photo I took about an hour ago. The sky was so much clearer in this one that I can see the Pusig river to the north and west of me and also what look like mountains further west and also north/north east.


I'd hoped to take a quick trip to one of the other islands this weekend but in light of current world events, and our current dumpster fire of a president's actions, I think I'd better not. It's odd, the first time I was in China on business in 2003, the US had bombed well honestly I don't remember if it was Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, but yet again we bombed another country. That was not a good time to be an American in Asia. So I think it will be better if I don't leave Manila.

1 comment:

Magpie said...

Awesome about the laundry!