Thursday, January 16, 2020

No more running in Manila most likely

You may have heard about Taal, the smaller volcano in the Philippines that’s been rumbling and belching ash into the sky. I’m about 40 miles north of it, and in fact saw the ash column Sunday night when my team and I were out. In this picture, look at the vertical cloud near the roof line—that’s the ash plume and the bigger clouds above it are also ash, just more dispersed.




Air quality has definitely plummeted so I’m no longer running while I’m here. The hotel slipped a letter under all our doors Sunday night, and on Monday we picked up our masks. Safety over fashion, right?






You can read more about Taal here and here. I found the first article very informative, this is an unusual volcano.

I’ll post more later about the fun excursion we did on Sunday but for now, know that I’m fine. I know the news got more notice in the States yesterday, but honestly nothing’s changed since Sunday. The danger and the threat of another eruption remain the same. I think it was a slow news day in the US.

No comments: