Tuesday, January 28, 2020

It's getting real

I’ve found a running coach (you can check out his website here), and I’ll be getting all the digital paperwork completed by the weekend. This will be a virtual coach, he's based in South Dakota.

I had a hour long video conference call with him on Sunday and felt very comfortable with him and his approach. He gave me a suggestion that he has his runners do, and honestly that tip was quite helpful. Basically, after a run he said to add in about 10-15 minutes of strength work to keep the heart rate up and get the body used to doing just a bit more. I did that this morning, and think that’s going to help a lot.

And yesterday, this came in the mail.



While I think it’s pretty hideous (does anyone look good in that lurid shade of orange sherbet?), and I won’t wear it until after the marathon, it did make the whole thing seem more real.

1 comment:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

So crazy, those orange and gray colors! When I was supposed to run Grandmas the colors were green and blue.