Sunday, September 20, 2020

Well this is just silly

 Remember in July when I showed you a photo of the bag provided by the company that makes Forteo? I'm not actually taking Forteo, I'm taking Tymlos but as I mentioned then, my endocrinologist had a sample of Tymlos and the bag from Forteo. 

Once I filled the script for Tymlos, I also signed up for their resources for people who've just started Tymlos. I figured, why not? Can't hurt, might help. And last week I got a really cool carrying case from Radius. 

At first I thought it would be perfect; it's got a slot for the pen and little openings to put your needles. I'd used the Forteo bag on a recent trip to Nashville and while I liked that I could put all my medications in there, it's basically just one open space.

Yesterday I decided to get this new bag loaded up. Only . . . the injection pen will not fit in the slot. And that insert is glued in there and not coming out.

You can see in this picture that the Forteo bag is bigger. Which is OK if I used it for all medications when I travel but it's not necessary. I don't have that many.


And aren't these slots clever?

But it's not even close to fitting in that slot.


Just in case you couldn't tell from the previous angle:


So my cool new bag is basically worthless. That's bad product design, Radius, really bad. 

2 comments:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

Did you contact them to let them know? I mean, that's just so strange!

edj3 said...

I found an email address and dropped them a line. We'll see if I hear anything back.