Sunday, September 27, 2020

The kittens are here!

 I’ll write more about the whole “why two more cats??” but for now, let me introduce the newest members of our family. 

These girls are two and a half months old, not litter mates but bonded. We picked them up yesterday after they were spayed (which yes, that seems quite young to me too). They’re spending the next couple of weeks in our second bedroom which is their safe room. I present to you the safe room:



Wally and Eddie know something is up, not sure if they realize there are kittens in the house. Of course, both boys hate closed doors, especially Eddie, so we have some hurt feelings. Eddie likes to lie right outside the door and yell at us about that awful closed door. His yelling gets Wally riled up, so then Wally hisses at Eddie. 

Anyway, the foster mom named them after female singers. We liked Stevie’s name (as in Nicks) but I had a Mags before and I don’t like to reuse animal names so Maggie is now Annie (as in Lennox). In this photo, Steve is on the left and Annie is on the right.


Last night, the girls spent the night curled up under the guest bed. I could see their little ears and they took turns approaching me and scampering back. I’m sure they were sore, tired and a little freaked out to be in a strange new place.

This morning was completely different. They both scampered out to greet me, purring loudly and wanting pets (I obliged). They ate a whole can of kitten food between them and both used the litter box properly. Annie is on the left and Stevie is on the right:


I got a short video this morning and then later, both girls were on the cat tree. Annie was on the top (and stayed until I snapped a picture), and Stevie was on the second level but got down too quickly for the photo.





No comments: