Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Catching up, part 3

My older son is getting married in March, and his fiancée has been so wonderful about including me in the festivities. When my younger son got married, Jen (his now-wife) was also inclusive and I really enjoyed that so much. Of course, it was easier to go to the various showers and pre-wedding events because they lived about 45 minutes away from us. It’s harder since Jordan and Amanda live in Nashville.

But I’ve been so thankful to be included. Her mother and her mother’s friends hosted a shower for her the first weekend in February and invited me. Kent and I figured out a way to make it possible for me to go, and so off I flew to Nashville.

Let me tell you, Amanda’s mother and friends sure know how to throw a shower! Here are some photos:

I'm definitely the short one in the family

L to R: Karen (Amanda's mother), Amanda and me


The food was as tasty as it was beautiful

These were made by hand!


Our future grandcat on a catnip blanket I made for him.

No comments: