Friday, January 14, 2011

Caffeine

Last week on my return trip from Hawaii, I didn’t have enough time while changing planes to get a jumbo cup of proper coffee. I don’t drink the airline’s coffee because it’s just brown water and why bother? So I ended up with a honking big headache, even though I drink just two (strong) cups of coffee a day and don’t drink any other caffeinated drinks.

Kent has had a stomach/ lower GI virus and hasn’t had coffee until today so he’s got a whopper of a headache too. Of course he does drink a lot more caffeine than I do so to my way of thinking, his headache is more appropriate. I thought mine last week was just mean.

Do you drink caffeinated drinks? How do you manage when for whatever reason, you cannot get your normal dose?

6 comments:

Judith said...

Caffeine pills = always available and don't increase frequency of pit stops.

FreshHell said...

I also only drink two cups a coffee each morning and usually no other caffeine. I can't drink sodas or anything with carbonation. So, that's it.

I could never give up coffee for pills. I need the smell and taste as much as the caffeine. Plus, it's too much like a SciFi movie.

edj3 said...

A la soylent green is people? I'm with you though, that coffee is firmly wedded to my wake up routine and if I don't get the coffee prior to brushing my teeth, well the day is just not going to be any good.

Ron Griggs said...

I drink tea at home and coffee at work or when out. The tea is gentler in the morning (or in the evening).

So, when Something Awful like Kent's stomach bug strikes, I can often drink tea as a substitute when my delicate stomach cannot accept coffee.

Judith said...

I never give up coffee for pills unless we're on I-84 where the coffee isn't coffee.

edj3 said...

"Where the coffee isn't coffee" -- it's just brown water, right? I learned that from you :-)