Thursday, May 6, 2010

Patience is a virtue

(I don’t possess)

From last night:

Me: grumble, grumble about Jae’s taking five minutes more than usual for a carry out order.

Kent: This is a great opportunity to practice being patient.

Me: I have practiced! I practiced for five months after we flooded! Oh wait, I practiced for NINE months while I was in Kansas City selling the house and you were here!

Kent: (big grin on his face) Well I practiced patience for three YEARS.

(For those who don’t know our story, I wouldn’t date him for three years. Yes I shut up then.)

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

It's good to have a spouse who can trump you at moments like that!

Unknown said...

Well played, Kent. People with no patience can practice it all day long, and still not gain it. At least, that has been my experience. Maybe if I keep practicing. I hate practicing.

KD said...

hahahahahahahaha! quick-witted red head <3