Monday, January 4, 2021

OK 2021 let's see what you've got

For the last couple of years, Kent and I have had an informal state of the family session in early January. It’s a good time to reflect on the previous year, think about any changes we want to make and just generally figure out if we’re living our lives the way we want to. I don’t know about you, but I’m not interested in getting at the end of my life and realizing oh hey there were things I always meant to do but I sort of forgot them. I’d rather be intentional and where possible, make deliberate choices about how I live.

Normally when we talk through things, we talk about our intentions for the next year. But someone I went to high school posted that this year, he used a more of this/less of that exercise and I thought that would work with our more normal stop/start/continue approach.

We both agreed that next year, pandemic willing, we want more travel. We didn’t have a corresponding less of item although I guess it would naturally be less stay at home?

Kent said he wanted to do more vegan cooking, that he’s found it very satisfying and fun and I agree. For both of us, it’s allowed us to be creative in the kitchen and expand our cooking repertoire. (I will admit I was a little surprised this one was on his more of list but hey I will take it.)

Anyway, here’s my stab at organizing what was really just an organic, lovely conversation. 






1 comment:

Wendy at Taking the Long Way Home said...

I love that you guys do this. We talk about traveling more, etc, but bottom line, we don't do it!