Sunday, July 12, 2020

The Little Yellow House™ is changing

We’ve owned our home for seven and a half years, and until last year we hadn’t made any changes to the exterior. Of course last year we wrote a check and had something like 10 trees removed and a whole lot of other yard work done. Normally I could keep up with weeding and stuff, but between my health misadventures in 2017, 2018, and 2019 . . . well no, I couldn’t. I thought I would be able to this year at last but then I broke my foot. And as Kent will tell you, he’s fine mowing the yard and that’s what he has energy to do.

The exterior needs to be repainted pretty badly. I think the last time the house was painted was in 2006 but I don’t know for sure. And our decision to get the exterior painted all stemmed from the house numbers. We’ve never cared for the ones that are out there, they’re flowery and not at all our style. I found an Etsy shop and got these instead:



That’s what’s shaped our paint color choices. Here’s what we’re going with, with bonus photos of our new sun umbrella and front porch chairs (which will look amazing once the house is painted that dark grey). To be clear, the exterior will be the dark grey, the front door will be that aqua/turquoise blue (the color is called reflecting pool), the shutters that black color and the trim will be that white trim. We're still debating whether we want to paint the inside of the front door that same reflecting pool color. TBD to be honest.



1 comment:

lemming said...

I love your patio.