Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Either or

American or import?
Southwest Airlines or American Airlines?
Cast iron skillet or Teflon?
Android or iPhone?
Butter or margarine?
Blogger or WordPress?

I work with a couple of people who vehemently hate my airline of choice, Delta. Things have happened, bags have gone missing and what have you and so for whatever reason, they hate Delta. But it's not enough that they won't use Delta. Nope, they have to tell me frequently that I should not use Delta--never mind that my experience hasn't been the same and never mind that I believe on any given day, any airline can screw things up.

In the same way, people have very strong feelings about iPhones and Androids. I happen to fall in the Android camp but if you love Apple, well that's your business. Same thing with whatever blogging platform you use.

Unless you’re supporting a company that enslaves women and children, I don't really care which one you use. If you ask me my preference, sure I'll share it with you. But if you choose otherwise, that's fine too.

8 comments:

FreshHell said...

:) Margerine AND butter.

edj3 said...

Ha, really? I loved margarine when I was a little girl but when I moved to Germany at 20, margarine was crazy expensive and butter was dirt cheap. I switched and never looked back.

Jeanne said...

My preferences as far as technical stuff go are steered by my aversion to learning new technology. An iphone works with my laptop, which doesn't get viruses because it's a Mac. Wordpress is working better for some of the things I want to do, so I don't see any point in being loyal to Blogger. As far as airlines go, one is the same as the next. I never pay attention except to where I have to connect.

The only thing on your list I have strong feelings about is an iron skillet. How does one make cornbread in teflon?

edj3 said...

Duh--you make it in a baking pan! At least that's the way I've always made corn bread. Do you bake it or do you cook it on the stove?

Yeah the airline hate is what really prompted today's post. I mean, really, it's no skin off my co-worker's nose if I fly Delta, right?

Jeanne said...

Can't see why anyone else would care what airline you fly. I feel like I'd save money if I signed up for some kind of frequent flyer plan, but oh, the paperwork!

I put the cornbread batter into an iron skillet with a little bit of melted bacon grease that has been swirled around to coat the surface. Then I put the skillet into the oven to bake.

Jolo said...

Jeanne, google OSX/Oompa-A, it is been around since 2006.

These answers are easy
I have no strong opinions on any, except for phones. My phone of choice is "two cans tied together with string". I do find that the type of can you use is dependent on many things, primarily the distance the call you are making and the length of the call. No-name soups are best for shorter distances but if you are making a long distance call (say 2 houses away) you should probably go with a larger kidney bean can.

Jeanne said...

Jolo, thanks; that reminds me nothing is really safe. Being married to a former cryptologist should make me less likely to speak in absolutes.

KD said...

I love seeking advice from you because I know you are so level-headed about all the above. Now your strong opinion that fruit and chocolate don't go together is a whole nother thing...