Saturday, May 21, 2011

Updates

We’d hoped that the letter from the condominium association’s attorney regarding his opinion on any liability from the pending lawsuit might mean we could put our apartment up for sale. We’d really like to get out of here and are more interested in renting for a while than in buying. But the update is not good: our realtor (I refuse to capitalize that word) consulted both the mortgage company and the real estate attorney he uses, and neither were optimistic. He said we’d either need a cash sale (which seems unlikely) or we should wait another year. Alas, patience is not my strong point.

Remember the job application I wrote about two weeks ago? They continued to impress me with the way they conducted their search and in fact I did make it to the final round. Ultimately they chose someone with extensive SAP experience over me. I appreciated how quickly they moved and how they did exactly what they said they were going to do each step of the way. I still had a number of concerns about the job and my main feeling yesterday after getting the no thanks call was not disappointment about not getting that job but frustration that I am stuck where I am. That’s a pretty good sign this probably wasn’t the best job for me.

In other news, it continues to be rainy, cool and cloudy in Boston. We haven't had 100% clear skies since May 1, at 1 PM when I wasn't here anyway. I’m considering doubling my daily dose of vitamin D.

No comments: