Monday, May 10, 2021

A Macabi review

This is mostly for some posters on the subreddit r/HerOneBag who were also interested in the Macabi skirt.

First, let me level set size etc. for me. I’m 5’4 and ½” tall, I’m slightly short-waisted and also very slightly pear shaped these days. I tend to wear size 2 in most pants, sometimes a 0. I got the XS in both skirts and that was the correct size for me.

I bought the short skirt in purple haze (no length options), and the slim long skirt, in the regular length in charcoal. Slim is possibly misleading as it still has a lot of fabric. But I’m fairly small and suspected the regular long skirt would overwhelm me. I apologize for not great pictures, but if you click the images you should be able to see better.

Let me start by saying this is not a fashion skirt. You will not win any style points wearing this unless you are with like-minded people. I got cold the day I wore the short skirt, so I ended up putting on a cardigan over my shirt. At that point, I figured I’d nailed much like the stereotypical librarian.  But it’s super comfortable.

It’s chilly again today, and I’m wearing the slim long skirt today with a new pair of boots so I can break them in. As with the short skirt, this one is very comfortable; I haven’t clipped it to make the pants or clipped up to make shorts but it’s easy enough to do.  



I can see why the photographs on the website aren’t great, this isn’t a skirt that lends itself to a form-fitted tucked-in top since the skirt itself is so voluminous. But I like it a lot with the sweater I’m wearing today and think I’ll use both of them, especially in the summer. And if I ever get to walk the El Camino de Santiago, I would take the long one for sure. That way, I would meet all the clothing/modesty requirements for seeing the churches and cathedrals along the way.


1 comment:

Jeanne said...

When we were in Spain, my nieces and I, who like to wear sleeveless tops and dresses in 100-degree heat, each learned to carry a thin, easily-packable scarf in our bag so we could cover our shoulders when we went into churches.