Monday, August 24, 2020

Shaking things up

Saturday I sat in my stylist's chair for six hours as she first did a treatment to remove color and any deposits from my shampoo, then washed my hair three times (yes three times), and then did two rounds of lightening (shampooing after each round) followed by toning (and yes, a final shampoo).

Here's my hair smooth dried on Saturday:


And here's my hair this morning, air dried:


Also a gratuitous photo:



It's much harder to blow dry my hair the way I've done for decades. That's because lightening the hair also really damages it so I've got texture I've never had. My hair is very soft, smooth and shiny when undamaged. But it's all good, I'm doing something different, trying something new and I like this a lot.

We'll end up going lighter over the next couple of months. But as my stylist told me, two rounds of lightening is all you can do in one sitting, it's just too hard on the hair. 

No comments: