Friday, June 28, 2013

Random thoughts while running this morning

  • It's easier to run when the temp is 68° than 78° even when the humidity is 96% (which it was today). Still a sweaty run but not so miserable.
  • Asphalt really is nicer to run on than concrete. This didn't used to be the case for me but then again, that was before I started running in Nike Frees about five years ago. With the Frees, you really do feel the road and lo and behold, asphalt is softer than concrete.
  • I don't see how anyone can feel good running with long hair not put up in a pony tail or something. I don't like the feel of my hair flopping around my head when I run so back it goes, but I see others who must think differently.
  • I run in the dark, in the early morning hours. Partly that's to accommodate my work schedule and mostly it's by preference. Running later in the morning is just too dang hot (and it's plenty hot at 5:15).
  • My neighborhood has some lovely homes, not grand or pretentious but just lovely ranches with interesting mid-century touches. 
  • I still like running hills. They make for a great challenge and help satisfy my competitive nature.

No comments: