Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ben won't like this

But I think there's a resemblance between Jordan and Colin. Kent says I'm crazy and that all babies look the same until they're a few months old*. I say he's nuts because my brother and I sure never looked alike, not even from day one and neither did Jordan and Ben.

Anyway, I offer a picture of Jordan:

Five weeks

And a picture of Colin:


Seven weeks

I'm sure some of the resemblance I see between them is because of the pose. But I think Colin may end up with the great big eyes his uncle has, and at least based on Alison and Eliot, he'll be a cutie pie no matter who he looks like. 

*Bonus story. 

Apparently my grandfather also believed that all babies look alike and never missed an opportunity to tell  my mother that when she was pregnant with me. When he came to visit after I was born, she answered the door with me in her arms, realized it was her father, closed the door on him and put me in my crib. When she came back to the door let him in, he wanted to know why she'd done that. Well, she said, all babies look alike and you've seen babies already. No point in showing her to you. 

I think he changed his tune after that. 

4 comments:

Judith said...

what actually happened was this: he unexpectedly dropped in for a visit after you were born. I showed you to him and then put you to bed. His insistence that all babies were alike had led me, probably mistakenly, to think he didn't have much interest in them. And at that time I still gave him too much power. Further, he didn't say, 'keep her up' or 'let me hold her' or any such thing. He sneered at the idea of 'comfort food' as well. I don't think he was ever a truly happy man.

edj3 said...

Ah well, I got the broad details right :-)

Ben Shear said...

well, it's not the end of the world, but of course I dont' like it, why would I like my son being compared to another man? :P

edj3 said...

He's your brother, you silly man.