Saturday, June 16, 2012

How bizarre

We are in Boston this weekend, staying in our apartment. It feels very strange to be here.

Kent’s known for years that I can’t relax and sleep in when I’m at home. I have things to do and seem to be incapable of just chilling out. But last night I slept for almost 11 hours and didn’t get up until almost 8 AM. That’s a pretty clear sign this isn’t home any more.

We have the place staged with a bed, a couple of small chairs, area rug and TV console plus a small dining room table and two chairs. So it’s more comfortable than, say, a hotel room but it’s not all that convenient in terms of fixing food or anything. Last night we watched old TV shows on Kent’s laptop through our Amazon Prime membership (hurrah for free video streaming!).

Today we’ve been knocking out some chores around the place (the patio needed to be weeded), and tomorrow we’ll hang out with friends before I catch a flight home.

I’ve decided that Boston is a great place to be but not a great place for me to live.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

It's so sophisticated to have a pied a terre!

edj3 said...

I had to go look that one up :-) And yeah I guess, also pricey. I'd rather sell it and stay in a hotel.