Friday, August 26, 2011

Yesterday, today and beyond

First, here are things we’ve gotten in preparation for Ben and Jen and the kids visiting next weekend. Rather than put labels on the picture, I numbered the items:
  1. Small pillow made by me for Alison
  2. Two sets of child-appropriate dishes—see the little glass that matches? That’s for Alison.
  3. Two sippy cups for Eli.
  4. A honking big container of all sorts of blocks for both of the kids. That was a Costco find and I especially like that it comes with a zippered container to keep it all together.
  5. Grape-Nuts for Ben. Apparently he eats this for dessert.
  6. A folding out barn and animal set from Ikea. Boy those Swedes are clever.
  7. Diapers for Eli. Kent picked those up after I sent him an email telling him to add diapers to his grocery list. He said he never expected to get an email like that from me.
  8. Coloring book and crayons for Alison.
Today someone from my insurance company will be inspecting my damaged car. You can sort of see in these two pictures how the other driver’s door raked almost the entire right side of my car. The damage was bad enough that it popped both doors ajar and my door open light indicator was on until Kent managed to smoosh them back into place. The side mirror hit the right passenger window hard enough to mar the glass and I can’t open the mirror out, although I don’t think the mirror glass is broken.



6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your poor car.
My daughter had a fold-out barn set like that, and her grandmother played with her when she came. She'd run and get it when the grandparents were coming.

Ben Shear said...

looks great, where is the stuff you got for me???

edj3 said...

Um the Grape Nuts is for you, goober. You said you eat that for dessert. And we'll get your preferred soda too, just not til next week.

Ben Shear said...

what about my preferred Scotch?

edj3 said...

Son you come by your love of Scotch honestly. We will take care of you.

Ben Shear said...

this WILL be a good visit!