Friday, June 10, 2011

Mandatory fun

Do you have mandatory social events at work?

We do. And today’s my lucky day. We have a picnic at the company owner’s house from 2:30 to 5:30. I don’t know about you, but 2:30 isn’t lunch time and it’s sure not dinner time either. So basically I’ll be at this social event up here in New Hampshire which means my evening commute will start later than usual. That’s never a good thing on a Friday in Boston, especially a Friday with good weather.

Don't get me wrong. I like most of my co-workers just fine; I like Kent and the kitties and home even better.

5 comments:

FreshHell said...

I hate, hate, hate those things and almost never have to go anymore. The beauty of small children is they are the perfect excuse to get out of pretty much anything work-related.

Jeanne said...

We have lots of work social events, although they're mostly inside and involve food and wine. I have learned not to drink too much wine and not to talk too much, lest I wind myself up to the inevitable silly level I reach when nervous. But at least we only have to drive 5 minutes home.

edj3 said...

Yeah I have to abstain from alcohol at these things. It's just a really bad idea to drink and then drive 65 miles, even if it's just one drink.

FreshHell said...

And, see, alcohol's all they have going for them. And if you can't have that.....well. *cough* I think I'm coming down with something.

Jolo said...

We had those in my old job, it was amazing how often a computer or a phone would break so I was unable to make it...