Monday, February 7, 2011

Jamaica

Last year we took the resort’s shuttle from Montego Bay to Couples Negril, which is about a 90 minute drive. We were both terrified the entire time because Jamaicans drive like insane people, no joke. I’ve been in traffic in New York City, Boston, London, Rome, and Beijing and Jamaica tops the list for driving insanity.

So this year we forked over the money to take a tiny little plane instead. The ride was 15 minutes long and in spite of my fears (hey it was a TINY propeller plane), very smooth and easy. Plus the view was amazing. We decided that was the best money we spent during our vacation.

Normally we aren’t the kind of people who sit around and do nothing while traveling but that’s what we mostly did last year and it’s entirely what we did this year. I read almost seven books (didn’t finish the last one because of a mishap involving my Kindle which is a polite way of saying someone lost it—no not me). But otherwise, we flopped around on beach chairs under palm trees, drank fruity drinks off and on and escaped the daily afternoon rain showers by hanging out on our patio which had a great view of the ocean.

I’ll write more later. I’m sitting in the Delta Sky Club getting ready to head to my gate to catch a flight. I’m going to Shreveport, LA and I’ve never been to Louisiana before.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Jamaica sounds divine. The Shreveport airport is where I tore cartilage in my knee running for a plane while pregnant with Walker.

edj3 said...

Is that what led to the knee replacement? Ouch :-(

Missed my connecting flight in Memphis so now I'm sitting in the Delta club here waiting for the next flight.

Kent J said...

Sorry about the Kindle, but I love the smile on your face in this picture.

Jeanne said...

The Shreveport tear was the second tear in the same knee's cartilage. After the torn bit was removed when Walker was 14 months old, then I had no cartilage left. (Replacement because of injury is usually the result of multiple injuries.)

It is a good smile.