Thursday, March 4, 2010

Bragging just a little

Our daughter-in-law is pregnant with their second child. I'd told her I wanted to make her a maternity dress and a few weeks ago I realized I'd better get moving. She, her sister and her mother all have histories of going into labor early and her doctor has already said if she goes past her 34th week, he won't stop her. Well at that point she was 30 weeks along!

So a couple of weeks ago I made her a dress and also made a very similar one for Alison. I remember having matching mother/daughter dresses when I was probably four years old and I thought I was the bomb for being dressed like my mother. I hoped that Alison would also like having the matching dress.

I love what Alison told Jen: "I'm a princess and you're a princess too!"

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the dresses! I don't know that many other people who can actually make clothes anymore.

Nancy said...

Oh, just so sweet! I love the fabric and what a special way to make an older sister to be feel special...like a princess.

Ben Shear said...

sister? that's her mom! :)