Thursday, January 28, 2010

So about that job I mentioned

On February 8, I start working for Dare Mighty Things as their senior consultant. DMT is a management consulting company that specializes in working with non-profits to help them be as efficient and effective as possible in serving their target groups.

I could copy and paste the job description but as a friend of mine says, small words are better and the description was on the long side. But the Reader’s Digest version is this: I’ll:

*Consult in areas like organizational development, capacity building, skills training, change management, program design and development
*Train the people who actually offer the training to the target groups,
*Conduct needs assessments to identify and solve problem areas of organizational and program effectiveness
*Identify and capture research findings, best practices, innovations and so on so that all clients have access to this information.

I’m pretty excited, to be honest. This is exactly the career path I started on way back in 2005 when I was accepted to the MIOP program at KSU. The single drawback is the commute—DMT is located in Portsmouth, NH which is about 60 miles north of where we live. But I’ll also be traveling about 50% of the time, and as I told DMT, Logan International is a lot closer to my house than Portsmouth!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations! This sounds like important work. And it sounds kind of glamorous, except for the commuting in bad weather part (which I know a little about).

Sandy said...

Congratulations, sounds like you are excited! Welcome to New England and thanks for stopping by today.

Jen Shear said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you!