Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A list about Wally

Yesterday I got the idea to list Wally's freaky behaviors but I thought maybe I couldn't come up with enough for the list to be worthwhile. Silly me. So here are the things Wally does that may qualify him as a freaky smart cat, or perhaps just strange.

1. He closes the bathroom door, so he can

2. Try to flush the toilet. He pushes the handle down just far enough to drain some water from the tank so that the toilet runs.

3. He exterminates any loose toilet paper rolls so that they look like exploded chickens.

4. He does the same to rolls of paper towels.

5. He does the same to boxes of Kleenex.

6. He eats plastic grocery sacks. They are empty, he is really truly eating the sacks.

7. He also eats dryer sheets, and has so far barfed them up so they haven’t caused an intestinal blockage yet. I do throw them away, but he also

8. Gets into any trash can he can reach. So now our bathroom trash is under the sink and we’ve given up on the office trash can. It’s permanently knocked over during the day and we put it in the closet under the stairs at night.

9. He opens kitchen cabinets. Floor level, above the counter, above the fridge, he is not particular about the location. We now tie them shut with seam binding, every night.

10. He teases out my clean running socks from my drawer and then behaves as though they are mice that must be killed. He prefers the dirty ones but I got much better about immediately putting them in the hamper.

11. He found the box of parts for our closet system and continues to bring us the plastic end covers, even though we've moved or otherwise made the box inaccessible several times.

12. He loves the small, soft cloth that came with my HP laptop for cleaning the screen. Every day he figures out how to get it out of my desk and then will leave it randomly around the house. Usually on top of us while we sleep.

13. He would live in the dryer if we let him.

14. Apparently once our feet are under the bed covers, they are dangerous and must be killed. Every night. Sometimes multiple times in the same night.

15. While sleeping, if one of us happens to scratch a place on our body he will pounce that spot. Let me assure you that waking up like that is not fun, especially if it’s your belly.

16. Oddly when people come over, he gets skittish and usually runs away. OK that’s not a freaky smart thing but it’s so at odds with how he is otherwise that I had to mention it.

2 comments:

Judith said...

Great list -hilarious cat. You listed some great blog spots - I keep checking Boston a day but nothing new for weeks. Does Wally eat camera batteries as well?

Kent J said...

Yeah, I've been slacking a bit. I'm trying to find a way to carry the camera with me more, but I'm having a hard time fitting it in with everything else I carry every day. It's a lame excuse, but it's all I've got.