Friday, May 30, 2008

Teeny Tiny

So I’ll be joining Kent in Boston by the first of July. The apartment is really small with no storage. I mean, there's only one small closet that can hold a hanger.

Fortunately I’m not a pack rat. I find it almost fun in a weird way to just purge things from my life. I’ve had a couple of pangs letting some things go (my wedding dress, for example) but for the most part, I realize they are things, they don’t define me and really truly I won’t have room for them anyway.

It is a lovely dress, though. I felt like a complete princess walking down the aisle toward Kent. And I'm so glad I was able to wear this dress on such a special day. My mother-in-law is taking the dress to a consignment store in Tulsa that specializes in wedding clothing, so perhaps some other woman can feel as special as I did and not break her wedding budget to do so!

No comments: