Friday, March 18, 2016

Unexpected side effects

It’s been three months now side I had sinus surgery. You might recall that my ENT drilled out bone from my nasal passages to help open things up and cut down the number of sinus infections I’d been having. That’s all been good but I’ve had some side effects I didn’t anticipate:

  • My voice sounds different. It sounds different in my head and a couple of people have commented on their own that I sound different.
  • My mouth tastes different to me. I don’t know how else to say that except we all have a normal taste in our mouths and now mine is different.
  • My sweet tooth is about dead. That one is a shocker because I’ve always loved sugar and sweet things. I have usually kept a bag of the Dove miniature dark chocolates on hand and had one (or two or three!) after dinner. We just finished a bag last night which had been open since December, and Kent ate them too.

Isn’t that just the oddest?

No comments: