Monday, January 11, 2016

A (new to me) tool

Are you familiar with Pepperplate? It's an online recipe tool that lets you import recipes from a whole slew of sites or you can copy & paste your own recipes if you've got them either in soft copy or on a blog (like I do).

Then it will generate a shopping list, based on the recipes you select. You can arrange the shopping list so it matches the order in which you shop.

We just started using it and wow, I'm liking it so far. Although I can't import my recipes from my private recipe site, I was able to copy and paste them. It could not be easier.

I think this will replace Blue Apron for us. We liked the food and we liked trying new recipes, but it was sometimes awkward timing to get three meals' worth of food when really we had time to cook eggs. Pepperplate looks like it will give us some of the convenience we're looking for, without so much overhead.

If you try it, let me know what you think.

3 comments:

KD said...

Never heard of it. I just recently started to add recipes to Evernote. When SpringPad (which I LOVED) came to an end, all data was migrated to Evernote. I'd not really explored using it for anything, and sure didn't add much. However, they've now got a feature where you can take a picture of a paper recipe and the key words are suddenly searchable. So, it's my new tool. The downside -- no shopping list generator. That was the best feature of SpringPad. So, now I'll need to consider this new tool. Hmmm.

Jen Shear said...

you always find the best resources! Is it free to join or is there a membership fee?

edj3 said...

Free!