Saturday, October 25, 2014

A couple of completed projects

Lest I leave you with the impression that all my projects end up as wadders, here are two I've completed recently.

The sweater fabric is from Mood, and I got it last July on our trip to NYC. The pattern is McCalls 6408, which I've made before and blogged about here.

Don't mind my weird expression;
my allergies are kicking my butt and I feel
pretty miserable at the moment.
This lunch bag is my own creation. Inspired by my granddaughter and daughter-in-law, I took apart a paper bag from Bath & Body Works to use as the rough pattern pieces. It's made from the scraps left over from a bag I'd made for Jen, and the lining is from one of Kent's shirting materials. The front flap has Velcro to hold it down. I'm pretty pleased with this. I'd wanted a smaller lunch bag than the one I'd bought a couple of years ago, but it's hard to find a small one plus they're expensive for no good reason. So now I have this one.


4 comments:

Magpie said...

i LOVE the sweater!

is the lunchbox washable? i had a container of soup (that was in a plastic bag) spill in my bag last week. i was an UNHAPPY camper. luckily it was a brothy kind of soup, so the chunks stayed where they belonged, but YUCK. commuting by public transit means a need for rugged zippered sealed lunch boxes.

Jen Shear said...

LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

KD said...

LOVE the lunch bag!