Monday, February 24, 2014

Tiny jeans

You may recall that I had offered to sew some pants for the middle grandchild, the one who’s got no butt so he wanders around the house either pantless or clutching his pants at the back of his waist to keep them up. I sewed the shorts as a test for fit, and they were mostly fine as done. The elastic was a little too tight, but otherwise they fit him. Fixing the elastic will be really easy.



Having that feedback on fit meant I could get a pair of proper pants sewed up for the little guy. Here they are:


As with the shorts, these are mock front fly and the button is purely for looks. I changed up the pockets so they look more like proper jeans, top stitched some of the details, and also used a fun lining on both the casing and the pockets. Overall I’m pleased with how they turned out and I hope they fit him well.

2 comments:

Jen Shear said...

They are so cute! I can't wait to see them on him!

Anonymous said...

Pretty adorable.