Thursday, February 28, 2013

Things are calmer now

At least for the cats. Eddie saw our new vet last week and while he'll never be a fan of going to the vet, I was impressed with both the vet and the vet tech. They were really good with Eddie, so good in fact that he didn't freak out until about the last five minutes. I think by then he'd just had enough.

He had healed up quite well and was able to lose the donut of shame that day. Now, a week later, the hissing has mostly stopped. Kent thinks that when Wally does hiss, it's more because he developed a bad habit and less so from fear or anxiety.

And Wally is sleeping with us all again at night. When I say all, I mean all: Kent, me, Eddie and Chloe. Sometimes I think we should have gotten a king size bed.

Here's hoping none of the cats have that kind of anal gland issue again. It was most unpleasant for all involved and I'm not eager to repeat it.

Typical day sleeping positions. Wally likes to sleep
on my office desk, and gets it furred up.

No comments: