Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cats

Who can understand them? Especially where they choose to sleep.


Take Chloe for example. She was obsessed with her bear—had to sleep on it and ended up smooshing it flat. Then after we replaced the cushions on our Poang chair from Ikea, we kept the cushions because she loved them so much. No matter where I put those cushions, she’d find them and sleep on them. I sort of preferred that because it’s easy to vacuum the cushions and keep the cat hair under control.

She’s also always liked sleeping on the large soft gray blanket we have. We use it in the winter on top of our bedspread and fold it during the day. Actually all the cats like that one, but its summer now so it’s not on the bed. I’d thrown it in a folded heap in our closet and that’s where she’s been sleeping ever since.

That’s not where I want to store a winter blanket, so this weekend I washed it and put it away properly. I also moved the Poang cushions into the closet along with her bear. I thought she’d like that a lot.

Nope. She hasn’t been spotted there yet. Cats. 

No comments: