Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Some of what I've made

In this picture, you can see the large bag I made for Jen--it's the same pattern I used for my pink bag only here I've used heavier material which will make for a sturdier bag. You can't see the lining, but it's a laminated version of the monkey material you see on the rest of the projects.

I didn't want to use a print for kids on the outside of the bag because after all, Jen is an adult. But she's also expecting her third child, so I tried to make this bag useful for carrying around things for her children. I put pleats on the bottom of the large interior pocket and elastic on the top so she can put sippy cups in there. I made it big enough for two cups, I think. The laminated material can be wiped off if/when things get messy in the bag,

I also made a baby blanket, three bibs, three spit cloths and a hooter hider for nursing.


And here's a picture of the two throw pillows I made for us. As you can see, Eddie approves. 


2 comments:

sabrina said...

those look great! i like that the bag is also a dark shade so it can handle some outside spills.

edj3 said...

I also forgot to mention that the bag's outside material is billed as waterproof. Even if it's not totally waterproof, I think it will be water resistant and more to your point, it won't show the dirt.