Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another birthday!

March was a busy month for me. Both of my children were born in March and I always though that was the perfect month for having a baby. It's not winter any more, not really, but it's not so glorious outside that staying inside with a newborn is torture.

Today is Ben's birthday. We don't have a lot of baby pictures for Ben. That's partly due to the second child syndrome but also due to the film developers losing two rolls of film from Ben's first two weeks of life. Remember those days when you had to get your film actually developed?

But I do have this picture. Now I will say that while Ben rapidly turned into a really cute baby, he wasn't all that pleasing to behold at first. He was three to four weeks early and looked a little bit like a deflated Jabba the Hutt (sorry, Ben, it's true). He's about two days old in this picture and the markings you see on his face weren't actually there. This is a photograph of a projected slide and the slide had gotten damaged. Otherwise, yes, this is how he looked then.


And here's what he looks like today:

Happy birthday, Ben!

3 comments:

Ben Shear said...

Thanks mom! Love you and thanks for bringing me into the world :)

edj3 said...

I'm ridiculously proud of you and so thankful to be your mom. I couldn't have asked for a better son.

Kent J said...

Yang chas Solo chone Wookiee!