Thursday, September 29, 2011

Copy cat

That’s me, and I’m OK with it. In addition to copying a recipe, I’ve also copied this skirt. To be honest, I didn’t copy the recipe, not exactly. I came up with my own variation but the idea was not original to me.

In the same way, the skirt I’ve made is slightly different than the original one. But I wouldn’t have thought to make mine without having seen hers.

My skirt material isn’t ruffles, although I would have used that material if I’d found any at my favorite fabric store. Also, I sewed my fabric to the elastic wrong side out and then flipped it. My fabric is so very soft that I didn’t end up with any unwanted bulk at the seamline.

But the color is pretty darn close to the example skirt and black elastic was the only way to go. I used navy thread for sewing and while the material isn’t actually navy, the thread still pretty much disappears.

3 comments:

sabrina said...

you need to post a picture of you IN the skirt!

edj3 said...

We'll see :-) I'm gunshy about photos of me.

Jeanne said...

I don't think you should be shy about being photographed; you always look fabulous.