Monday, August 15, 2011

Mish-mash

Let’s see. After spending six hours on the train Saturday and then six hours again on Sunday, I’m ready to not see a train for a while. I liked some aspects of train travel more than traveling by plane (no TSA being the biggest one) but man those bathrooms got nasty really fast.

I’m determined to become good at adjusting my sewing patterns so that I get a really good fit in my clothing. Over the last week, I've looked around online for how-tos, book recommendations, forums about sewing and also blogs. I’ve discovered a handful of well-written sewing blogs with nary a cutesy project in sight and let me tell you, these women can sew. What did we do before the internet? How did people with similar interests find each other??

I still haven’t stuffed the duct tape me yet. I need to get over to Joann’s for the cotton batting along with some other sewing supplies, but I really don’t like to go there. The crafter moms scare me. Plus Joann’s isn’t really a place for getting good fabric or patterns any more. These days the store is full of little knickknacks and Look! No Sewing! kinds of projects.

Kent is in London this week. Last week I told him I was not at all pleased he and his co-worker were heading over while those riots were going on. I asked him to make entirely sure the important meetings they were flying in for were really going to happen. He also realized that where they’d planned to stay was not a great spot since some of the unrest had been going on there. So they moved their hotel to one by Heathrow. Kent said if rioters come out there, then they are beyond bored because truly there’s nothing out there except the airport and a couple of hotels.

I'm very low energy today. I’m still wiped out from the weekend and also from the unrelenting rain that we’ve got in Boston right now. The cats have been sleeping most of the day too and that’s always a snooze-inducer.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

We flew in and out of Heathrow, and the whole time one of us was singing under his breath "I'm so worried about...the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow." It's an old Monty Python song full of worries, and that's the refrain.