Sunday, July 17, 2011

When the dog bites

Things I like:
  • My feet have tan lines from my flip flops.
  • I’m still on the same half a tank of gas from the middle of June.
  • Kent’s making veggie pizza for lunch.
  • The strawberries are really good this year.
  • I found a recipe for cooking dried beans in my Crock Pot.
  • Our cheap mattress from Ikea is super comfortable, the best bed I've ever owned.
  • Watching Eddie snooze in the box cracks me up.

Things I don’t like:
  • I’m tired of having nightmares about my last job.
  • Patterns for sewing are almost $20 a pop. That's crazy.
  • Upstairs neighbors (or guests) poured a drink over the side of the balcony—the sound of the water scared me (flashed back to the first flood) plus hello? We live down here.
  • Road construction on I-93 makes getting to Costco more painful than it’s worth. So we didn't go today.
  •  Eddie makes a huge mess when he eats the cardboard box. I think he's a badger cat.

6 comments:

Misa said...

Do you have Hobby Lobby up there? They run great deals on patterns sometimes. Last week they had McCall patterns for 99 cents a pop, limit 10.

edj3 said...

Alas we don't. But the fabric store I shop puts all the discontinued patterns on huge tables in the back of the store. Vogue patterns are $5 and the rest are $1. Believe me, I go through them first :-)

FreshHell said...

What kind of mattress did you get at IKEA? I'm considering buy one from them but I'm not sure which one yet. I need to go up there and lay on them.

edj3 said...

Next time I change my sheets, I will get the name. We also got a topper and neither the mattress nor the topper have latex in them. I have latex issues so it's best to avoid that altogether.

KD said...

WTH with the neighbors?!?!

edj3 said...

I know. I can't make this stuff up.