Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chloe

I have this regrettable habit of remaking lyrics and then singing the butchered songs aloud. I used to do it to my children and now I do it to my cats. Sometimes I make up really involved lyrics and other times (if it's to the cats) I just substitute "meow" for words. I'm pleased to report that I've passed this tendency on to one of my sons which makes me a very proud mother.

But I digress. The point of today's post is to bring you up to date on Chloe. First, the song (sung to the tune of Me and Mrs. Jones):

Chloe and the bear
They’ve got a thing going on
They both know that it’s wrong
But it’s much too strong to let it go now


You may recall that Chloe is usually found sleeping on the bear. I mean, she loves that thing with a single-mindedness rarely found in cats. I have a lot of pictures of her with her head mooshed in the bear's midsection, or completely covering him or just cuddling him.

Except that Chloe seems to have had a falling out with Mr. Bear. For the last week or so, she’s been sleeping on the cushion next to the bear cushion. We’ve speculated that she just needs her space, or maybe Eddie and Wally were giving her grief about her cross-species obsession. But then again, maybe Mr. Bear got tired of being squished flat. Who knows?

6 comments:

Kent J said...

Everybody needs a little time away
I heard her say
From each other
Even lovers need a holiday
Far away
From each other

edj3 said...

Meow.

Jeanne said...

Love the call and response! The bear might smell different if one of the boys touched it or something. I like to call Sabrina sometimes by leaning out the back door and singing "Sabrina...I just met a cat named Sabrina...and suddenly that name...will never sound the same to me...
We also have an old song from when we lived with our friend Miriam, about Tini and Ross, Tini and Ross, mean so much more when I see...Tini and Ross-like destruction...around our Christmas tree! We modify this to fit the cats we have now.

Jolo said...

Doesn't everyone do that?

lemming said...

(clears throat) Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sam, Sammity SAM!"

edj3 said...

I know you will all be so relieved to know that Chloe and the bear are reunited (and it feeeeeeeels so good).