Monday, October 18, 2010

I think I was missed

I have Wally sitting on my desk with his face up against the exhaust fan of my laptop (he likes the warm air blowing on him). Eddie is pretending to be a monorail cat looking something like this across the top of my chair. And Chloe is milling around at my feet.

It’s good to be home. It would be even better if Kent were here too but he’s in Detroit this week and some of next week also. Then I leave for Hawaii. Rotten timing, huh. But this beats unemployment by a long shot.

Edited to add that last night when I went to bed, I got swarmed and then Eddie insisted on getting under the covers with me. He does this by yelling (there's no other way to describe it) and head butting. Then he snuggled me. There's something very comforting about a warm kitty body pressed up against you purring away. At least it is to me; I know others who would be horrified at the thought of a cat under the covers. Your loss!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

One of the only things I love more than a cat pressing up against me and purring under the covers is going to Hawaii.

edj3 said...

I go again Nov 1, feel free to come with me. Bad thing is I have a middle seat all the way home. Boo.

FreshHell said...

My first childhood cat, Kitty Cat (who was a Siamese), used to sleep under the covers with me and rest his chin in the crook of my armpit. I loved to hear him purr in my ear. He loved to be warm. Win-win.