Saturday, September 18, 2010

Swarmed

I got home last night with very tight back muscles from lots of driving while out in Wyoming and also from carrying around my backpack and toting my suitcase yesterday (I rarely check a bag). So the first thing I did after giving Kent a quick hug was to lie down on our thick rug and relax my back. That put me in the perfect (purfect?) position to get swarmed by the kitties.

And they continued swarming all night long. All three cycled through with meows for attention followed by loud purrs as I roused long enough to pet them. I know cats can have a reputation for being cold and selfish; I just wish those who thought that way could see how I’m greeted when I return from a trip. Our three are quite social, warm and interactive with me. As you can see in the picture on the left, Eddie is lying in the chair behind me as I write this entry. He just wants to be close to me.

2 comments:

FreshHell said...

Pokey is super person-friendly and was very happy to be let in this morning and be reunited with his people. When Madeline opened her door, he ran down the hall to greet her. Cats are the best.

Jeanne said...

I can hardly respond for the cat lying across my arms!