Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In other news

I just got an email from Kent. He wrote:


Dear Elizabeth,

With this email I resign my position as house husband effective on 9/29/2010

Love,

Kent


Those words mean we are returning to a two-income family and I'm not ashamed to say I teared up reading them.

This picture isn’t actually from today but it’s pretty typical of how the cats react to news that doesn’t net them tuna water or a new toy:


If only they knew, they have a huge change coming up in their kitty lives. The boys have pretty much had a hairless one keeping them company since we got them three years ago. Well that's changing now.

7 comments:

FreshHell said...

Congrats. Excellent news.

edj3 said...

It's been 33 months since we had two incomes. This is a huge relief.

Maube said...

Wonderful! Congrats you two =) Glad you guys are finally getting some good news!

Jen Shear said...

HURRAY!!! Congratulations!

Jeanne said...

So very happy for both of you!

Judith said...

I've been checking your blog twenty-five times a day hoping to see just this wonderful news.

Ben Shear said...

YES!