Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This and that

I have a post written in my head about how important a sense of place is. I even started counting how many times I've moved in my life and stopped at 28 because that's a hell of a lot of moving. I've thought through how different it must be to actually BE from someplace. But the post remains unwritten because since I started this job, the kitties (by which I mean Wally) have decided that 4:30 is not a good wake up time, I should get up at 3:30.

Seriously I'm about to wring his little neck. Right now he's curled on my lap, purring and making bread with his paws which is very sweet. But I want that hour back. I think 4:30 is plenty early for a wake up.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

3:30 is still the middle of the night. Is giving him a lap even an hour later a bit too much like a reward? They're furry toddlers; you said it yourself.

sabrina said...

4:30 only exists to me in the PM:) I am going to be trying to get up an hour earlier during Lent to go to daily mass, and already i'm dreading the extra hour;)

also, i hope you find time to write the post about "a sense of place". I had a great convo with a college buddy who is thinking about taking a job in Saudi...definitely gave me some time to reflect on where i have been and how that shaped me.