Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things that say love

The tin I kept my bobbins in was below the water mark. I pulled it out anyway, and hoped that perhaps I'd gotten them out in time to be saved. I knew the thread would need to be discarded but the bobbins aren't cheap and I had enough that replacing them wouldn't be easy. Well as you can see, they were ruined. In the top right of the picture, the red stuff in the plastic bag is rust, and you can see rust on a couple of the bobbins, too.




I'd already asked my mother to track down an invisible zipper foot for my Bernina, since the Bernina stores near me had all gone out of business (which is why I thought replacing the bobbins would be a hassle). She found one, and very kindly picked up a sleeve of the Bernina bobbins too.





Today Kent and I were in Target. You already heard me complain about not being able to decorate this year, and Jeanne had the great suggestion of making a paper tree to tape on the wall. We were prepared to do just that when we found this tree. I didn't want to spend the $20 to get it, but Kent asked me if it would help our place feel more like home and more like Christmas. Well he made me cry in Target, and now we have a little bit of Christmas decoration here. The tree is supposed to be shatterproof; I'm sure the kitties will put that to the test.

4 comments:

Jen Shear said...

Love the tree! Definitely worth the money.

Judith said...

Love the tree too, great idea. I might look for one myself. Anyway, hope the bobbins and zipper foot work. I do love you. Mom

Jeanne said...

It's a nice tree. And since nothing is dangling from it, maybe it will survive the kitties.

edj3 said...

It's a short tree, I should have mentioned that. I think it's supposed to go on a table or something since it's just 23 inches tall. So far the kitties have left it completely alone.