Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy birthday, Rayna (oops a day early)

When Rayna was here with her family, I learned how much she likes pink.

We met up with Greg, Amy, Rayna and Shuler after they'd gotten settled in their hotel and were having a snack. I was wearing a lot of pink, and so was Rayna. But as she pointed out, her pink clothes were light pink and mine were dark pink. I whispered to her that I was wearing pink panties too, and she immediately wanted to know if they were light pink or dark pink (she always said both words--light pink and dark pink). As it happened, they were dark pink and so right away she wanted to see them. I told her I'd show her later but later wasn't soon enough. As we walked outside, she kept squatting down to look up my skirt and see for herself!


This is exactly the kind of stories aunts like to have about their nieces--it's funny, cute and in about 10 years it will embarrass her to death. Perfect! In the meantime, though, happy 3rd birthday Rayna, I hope it's filled with pink.

2 comments:

Jen Shear said...

oh, I can't stop laughing at that story! I can totally picture Rayna doing that.

Blair said...

This is going to sound very odd and since this is an old post, I'm not sure you'll notice the comment...no need to really post this, BTW.

I was searching for contact info for Greg & Amy. When I saw this, I looked on my calendar and saw that their Rayna's birthday is September 10th...so it seems that your Greg & Amy are the ones I was hunting for!

We used to be neighbors on Kearney in Park Hill. I now live on Locust and they moved to Stapleton... I pretty much just wanted to say Hi and perhaps catch up.

If you'd be willing to pass my contact info along, I'm Blair and my Email is CHNsMom@gmail.com. Thanks!