Saturday, June 27, 2009

Of fur, flies and wine

First the fur. This picture shows just a small portion of the fur I got off all three kitties Thursday morning. I use my dish washing gloves, put a tiny bit of water on them, and then rub the kitty fur like I'm grooming with a brush. The water on the gloves gets their fur damp and then the gloves can sort of tug at the fur. I think it's probably similar to how cat tongues work--only a lot bigger. All three seem to love this process because when I'm grooming one, the others circle around waiting their turn.

I got this video clip last night, and I do apologize for it being pretty jerky. But Eddie was bound and determined to catch the fly you see at the end. I'm pretty sure it was a fruit fly, and Kent finally squished it if only to keep Eddie from taking a flying leap onto Kent's head.



Finally, we are going to take a trip to Braintree tomorrow to check out this wine sale. I've been following the owner on Twitter and I think we'll be able to get some really good wines at very reasonable prices. Stay tuned, I'll let you know what we find.

No comments: