Wednesday, June 17, 2009

How humid is it?

It's so humid that I cook my steel-cut oats outside so I don't get any extra humidity in the house. If you look carefully you can see the steam rising from the cooker. I make two servings at a time (that's all it will hold) so every other day, I hope it's not raining and I haul the steamer outside.

Here's another story of how humid it is here. We have two outlets on either side of the pass through in the kitchen. They are nowhere near water, but because they are nominally in the kitchen, they are equipped with a ground fault circuit interrupter. On Monday, that GFCI tripped. It's never tripped before so I suspect the air in our home was really just that humid.

And now to yesterday's adventure, well and today's too. Chloe cried all the way to the vet's, while Wally only cried once. Then again he was in the larger, more airy carrier. They each weigh 10 pounds on the nose. As usual, Chloe was as good as gold and even purred at the vet while getting examined. Wally was a different story. In addition to hissing and spitting at poor Dr. MacDonald, he very nearly escaped while getting his rabies shot. Bad boy. I lugged fat boy in today. Mr. Eddie weighs 15 pounds exactly and he was even worse than his brother since he hissed, spat AND tried to bite Dr. MacDonald.

Fortunately all three are in excellent health. That's a good thing because my back is a bit tired from 35 pounds of cat.

1 comment:

Ben Shear said...

bah, imagine it being that humid AND hot. that's Virginia!