Thursday, June 11, 2009

An amazing cake

I like to read blogs, and love finding all sorts of information or ideas to try. I've bookmarked blogs about personal finance, productivity, devotionals, information about WoW and of course food.

I stumbled across this recipe while searching for a granola bar recipe (which I found here). I'm tired of paying at least $3 for a box of granola bars. I want to check out the cost of ingredients and see if it would make financial sense to make my own. I liked the tone of this blog so I checked out her current entries and found this strawberry cake recipe.

I made this yesterday afternoon--behold the yummy strawberry cake. It's similar to a shortcake but not so spongey. And it's also very simple to make. I took it to small group last night and was barely able to save a slice for Kent. This recipe is a keeper. I did use 8 T of butter rather than the 6 T called for in the recipe. I learned that trick from my friend, Shima, who is the most amazing baker I've ever met.

1 comment:

Functional Fitness said...

Cake looks great! I forgot you're into WOW - you're an enigma! I'm going to try those granola bars.