Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The weirdest tights ever

Capri or ankle length tights actually make a lot of sense here in Boston. We stay in that mid-60s range for a long time and while that's a little chilly for bare legs it's also too warm for proper tights. Enter the footless version, either to your ankle or to mid-calf.

I'd gotten a pair of gray capri tights from Target and really liked them. Then I saw two pairs in bright colors at Designer Shoe Warehouse and thought they would be fun.

Well except for one thing. They are super long from the crotch to the waistband. Truthfully they come up to my armpits and appear as though they were designed to be like that. Maybe the idea was you don't get line from the tights at your waist? I don't know, all I know is they don't stay up under my bra, they slide down but not all the way to my waist. So then I have a charming line between my waist and my bra. Too bad I already threw away both the packaging and the receipt, otherwise I'd return them. As it is, these are going straight into the trash.

1 comment:

Jen Shear said...

That's so funny! I'm impressed you tried them!