Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Spooning

I've mentioned before that Eddie likes to get under the covers and sleep with us. The first few times he did it were rather startling, because he is a big boy. He prefers to sleep smack between us, and he will sort of swim over and around us until he can get in just the right position.

I've also mentioned that we have a hard time regulating the temperature in our apartment at night. Since we have electric heaters that aren't connected and don't have thermostats, we've often found that the temperature has dropped to the low 60s when we get up in the morning.

This morning we were both semi-awake and I could tell the room was cold because my face was cold. All three kitties were circling around on on the bed and then Eddie went into his meow-and-paw-the-bed routine which is how he lets us know he wants under the cover. He crawled in and then swam over me to pour himself into a tiny space between us. Picture this in your mind: I was on my left side, I had a long fat cat spooning me, and Kent was spooning him!

1 comment:

Kent J said...

Just to be clear, I was spooning you when a cat squeezed in between us.