Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I miss our 75 gallon hot water heater

Yes you read that correctly. In Kansas City we had an old 75 gallon hot water heater. That thing was ancient, the installation date was sometime in 1978, and we figured when it went out we would get a smaller one, although not as small as the one we have here in Boston.

Actually I don't know what the size is of this one. All I do know is that it runs out of hot water by the end of one shower. Yes, one shower. With the cold weather we've had, those showers end up being shorter because the hot water goes away even faster. I'm sure it's not as costly to keep the water hot but right about now I don't care. I want a hot shower that doesn't get tepid right as I'm ready to shave my legs. Brrr.

1 comment:

Judith said...

Since you are in such small quarters, an on-demand water heater might be just great for you. I wish I had one - you never run out of hot water and don't pay to keep it hot when not using it. J.