Monday, January 19, 2009

A bored Wally is never a good thing

Sometime after midnight, an out-of-place noise woke us both up. Kent is really good about hopping out of bed to check out those kinds of sounds, partly because he's on the door side of the room and partly (maybe mostly?) because I elbow him. Anyway, he checked it out and came back to bed and told me everything was fine. Communicating while mostly asleep isn't his strongest suit so really he just grunted OK noises at me.

This morning he was awake enough to tell me that Wally had knocked the empty Crock Pot (the part that holds the ceramic container) off the counter. And had then knocked my orange off the counter. Well this morning my orange was off the counter again.

Just a minute ago, Wally was on the counter again. So we scolded him and off he ran to the bathroom, where he closed the door. I guess he wanted his privacy. I swear this is a lot like having a teen-aged boy in the house.

No comments: